If you are suffering from a serious injury due to a car accident that was of no fault of your own, it is pivotal that you follow steps that will lead you to justice. If you are interested in a personal injury claim to acquire financial compensation for your damages, follow along to learn how an experienced Kaufman County, Texas car accident lawyer at Harrell & Paulson, LLP can help you in following the proper procedure.
What steps should I take after receiving a car accident injury?
To build a solid personal injury claim, you must satisfy your burden of proof by establishing the negligence of the other party. Below are the steps you should take immediately after your car accident that may make this possible:
- Call 911: The law enforcement officer will be able to document the process by conducting a police report. They will also bring medical attention to the scene to treat any injuries sustained in the car accident. This is important to do even if it was a minor fender bender, as this is a critical document for your case.
- Document the details: Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including any hazards that may have played a part in the accident. Additionally, take photos of your injuries. If safe, do this before removing the vehicles and debris from the road.
- Exchange information: Collect the personal information of the other party, including their name, contact information, driver’s license number, insurance company name, and insurance policy number. This is important to do to avoid a hit-and-run charge. Additionally, exchange contact information with any present witnesses, and ask if they took any photos or videos.
- Seek medical treatment: When medical assistance arrives on the scene, seek treatment as soon as possible. This is important to do even if you do not feel hurt, as some injuries like a concussion, whiplash, or internal bleeding are not immediately obvious. Additionally, attend follow-up care to establish the connection between your injuries and the accident.
- Employ an attorney: We recommend that you talk to a skilled Kaufman, Texas personal injury attorney as soon as possible. We will evaluate your case and your eligibility for financial compensation.
Contact Our Kaufman County Firm Today
Those who have been injured as a result of negligence, or have had a loved one lose his or her life to another’s negligence, will need an aggressive legal team they can depend on. Regardless of the injury’s origin, our firm has the resources to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim and win you the compensation you so desperately need. We also provide vigorous defenses for those accused of crimes as well as guidance in divorce and estate planning matters. Contact Harrell & Paulson, LLP today to schedule your free case evaluation.