Have you been charged with a crime? If so, you most likely have several concerns about your future. Harrell & Paulson, LLP is a dedicated legal team that takes pride in helping protect people from legal troubles. Contact us today to learn more about our firm and how we can fight your charges, every step of the way.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Fighting for Clients in Kaufman County & throughout Texas
A criminal conviction can impact a person physically, (such as by being sent to jail) financially, (high fines are often a part of criminal sentencing) and permanently (a criminal record can prevent someone from getting a job, among other things). This is why no one should face criminal charges on their own. With the right attorney in your corner, you can effectively fight your charges and drastically increase your chances of avoiding serious criminal penalties.
Our Legal Services
Harrell & Paulson, LLP handles various criminal charges on behalf of our clients. We help clients facing the following charges, among others:
- DWI: Driving under the influence is illegal in every state, and unfortunately, doing so can lead to serious accidents, as well as criminal penalties if a person is caught. Despite DUIs being relatively common, the consequences of DUI convictions are severe. Don’t face these charges without competent legal counsel.
- Assault: When someone is charged with assault, it essentially means they either harmed or intended/threatened to harm another person. Unfortunately, people are sometimes charged with assault when simply defending themselves. If you’re facing assault charges, you should strongly consider hiring an experienced Kaufman County, Texas criminal defense lawyer.
- Domestic Violence: A person accused of domestic violence has a lot to lose. Not only will a domestic violence conviction result in serious legal consequences, but it will also ruin a person’s reputation. The state of Texas takes allegations of domestic violence very seriously and will harshly punish anyone they believe is guilty of doing so. Though there are many unfortunate victims of domestic violence, the truth is, sometimes people lie. In other cases, they exaggerate. We can help ensure your voice is heard.
- Drug Crimes: Whether you’ve been caught in possession of marijuana or selling another type of drug, you can expect to face very serious penalties, especially without an experienced attorney in your corner. Our firm handles the gamut of drug crimes on behalf of our clients.
- Theft: We all know it’s wrong to steal. However, people make mistakes, and at times, people may even steal something without realizing they’re stealing. Whether you’re charged with shoplifting, credit card fraud, or any other type of theft crime, you can turn to our Kaufman, Texas lawyers for the strong legal advocates you need.
- Probation Violations: Often, courts will place a person on probation in lieu of going to jail. Though no one wants to be on probation, it’s far better than the alternative. That said, when someone is found in violation of their probationary terms, they can risk being sent to jail and facing their full initial criminal sentence. Our goal is to convince the court that you either never violated probation or that you deserve a second chance and shouldn’t be sent to jail.
Why Harrell & Paulson, LLP?
If you’ve been charged with a crime, this has the potential to follow you around for the rest of your life, be the elephant in the room during a job interview, and a recurrent reminder of the injustice of being wrongfully accused or how you may have fell short one day in your life.
The State has its advocate – the prosecutor employed by the district attorney – and their job, unsurprisingly, is to prosecute you. It’s not to tell your story, much less bother trying to understand it. Nor is it the prosecutor’s job to ensure your constitutional rights are protected, to punish the government for violating them by dismissing your case, or to agree that you were fine to drive after having only a few drinks—the prosecutor is the state’s attorney and you need an effective advocate to be your voice and plead your case.
The prosecutor must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you committed the crime for which they are seeking to punish you. This is the highest burden faced in any case, and even higher than that required when the government is trying to take away someone’s children and place them in the foster system, but without an effective lawyer advocating for your interests and holding the State to its burden of proof, the odds remain stacked against you.
You need an advocate to hold the State to its burden of proof, either to make your case at trial or to negotiate a favorable plea deal that minimizes or eliminates the long-term effects of a criminal charge.
Whether you’ve been wrongfully accused and seek to be vindicated, know you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and merely want to minimize the punishment, or you find yourself somewhere in between, we are here to fight for you and will work hard to secure the best outcome we can for you. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing clients in difficult situations, and we are here to put that experience to work for you.
Contact Our Kaufman County Criminal Defense Firm
The bottom line is that if you need a legal advocate you can trust to handle your case with care and aggressively fight for the outcome you need, you’ve come to the right place. Contact the experienced criminal defense attorneys right here at Harrell Paulson, LLP today for a free initial case evaluation.